Download this webcalculator or build your own. Check it into your favorite repository and setup a build for it.
Add the following MSBuild arguments:
/p:DeployOnBuild=true /p:WebPublishMethod=Package /p:PackageAsSingleFile=true /p:SkipInvalidConfigurations=true /p:PackageLocation="$(build.artifactstagingdirectory)\\"
And queue up a new build, you should see a *.zip file containing your website in your artifacts when finished.
The creation of a java web app requires just a few clicks.
- Go to the azure portal
- New -> Web + Mobile -> Web App -> Create
- For Java: Open your Web App -> application settings -> Java version : Java 8, Webcontainer: Newest Tomcat -> Save
- Click the Url at overview to visit your page
- Now add some deploymentslots for dev, test, qa
Go to the automation script en use that in combination with the “Azure Deployment:Create Or Update Resource Group” like we did on the deploy to VM.
Add to your release pipeline the Deploy Azure App Service:
- Choose your Azure subscription, earlier already setup
- Choose your Appservice the one we just setup above
- And release your webapp.